A four-day-old baby has lost his leg after a nurse forgot to turn off a hair dryer and put it beside him at a neonatal intensive care unit in China.
The tiny boy sustained severe burns on his left leg after extremely hot air had blown onto him non-stop for around an hour and half, according to reports.
Doctors had to give him an amputation in order to save his life.
The hair dryer was casually left by one nurse who went to do other tasks in the room, according to CCTV footage released by Chinese television station Henan Metropolitan News Channel.
The report claimed the nurse and her colleagues were not aware that the hair dryer was on despite the fact that they worked in the room.
The situation was only noticed when a doctor came into the neonatal intensive care unit to give examination to the babies.
The two nurses deemed responsible for the matter have been sacked by the hospital and the management has issued a public apology.
The incident took place on December 14, 2017, at Xincai Maternity and Child Health Care Hospital in Zhumadian city.
However, it was only revealed to the public this week by local broadcaster Henan Metropolitan News Channel.
The injured baby was born prematurely at 36 weeks in the same hospital and were to stay in a neonatal incubator for a week, according to his grandmother, known by her surname Yan.