1 Year Old Lukas Smith, Crushed To Death By Falling Stove

A one-year-old boy was crushed to death by a falling stove at his mother’s home in Las Vegas.

Lukas Smith was trapped under the heavy appliance when it fell in the house on East Craig Road in Las Vegas about 6.50pm on May 27, his mother said.
5C4DAD11-65A3-4114-BE6A-C52B5E8FA9C6
He died of traumatic asphyxia, where air is trapped in the chest by a sudden crush injury, his autopsy found.

The infant was rushed to University Medical Center after the accident but doctors couldn’t save him.
Clark County coroners ruled his death an accident and no one was arrested, but Lukas’ siblings were moved to their father’s house during the investigation.

A report said Lukas and his family had no history with Family Services.

A fundraiser for the child’s funeral, which was held on June 15, and moving expenses for his family raised $2,600 from 33 donors.

‘We will never see him grow up, never hear his laugh again, and his brother and sister will grow up without him,’ his aunt Tatiyana Smith wrote.

‘I will miss him every single day for the rest of my life.’

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s